[21st February 2021] Rome: Today, the scientific age has made possible even things that seemed impossible to think of. A robot in Italy has made history by successfully operating on a patient’s kidney tumor.
The miracle of science was observed at the Molinette Hospital in Turin, Italy, and the patient’s health is improving. This is the first time in the history of the world that this Kidney operation has been performed by a robot surgeon, for which the team of the Department of Urology, Molinette Hospital deserves congratulations.
—𝓥í𝓪> @diariopanorama Por primera vez en el mundo, se ha extirpado con éxito un tumor maligno de riñón gracias a un robot quirúrgico en una paciente despierta, durante intervención realizada este en el Hospital Molinette de Turín, informó a Efe el médico a cargo, Paolo Gontero. pic.twitter.com/uPssPWrgVu
— Noticias Falcón (@NoticiasFalcon) February 20, 2021
The operation uses ‘The Vinci Robot System‘ and innovative 3-D image reproduction technology. Doctors say the patient’s malignant tumor has been removed and the kidney is fine.
The da Vinci Surgical System enables surgeons to perform operations through a few small incisions and features several key features, including:
- Magnified vision system GIVING surgeons a 3D HD view inside the patient’s body
- Ergonomically designed console where the surgeon sits while operating
- Patient-side cart where the patient is positioned during surgery
- Wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human hand
- The da Vinci System is powered by robotic technology that allows the surgeon’s hand movements to be translated into smaller, precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient’s body.
Dr. Paolo Gontero is in the charge at the time of the operation made by robot.
For the past few years, this hospital in Italy has been successfully treating patients using state-of-the-art robotic surgery techniques. It is worth mentioning that the medical service of Italy has a unique status in the whole world and this miracle has now elevated this status even higher.